LIFESTYLE CHANGES AND MUSIC AS ALZHEIMER’S THERAPY?
Can either exercise, or healthy diet, or mental activities, or socialization, or music
be used as a therapy to treat people living with Alzheimer’s?
By Wantland J. Smith
Alzheimer's Reading Room
|This Man Decided to Fight Alzheimer's |
-- Jay Smith
But wait a minute! No one is promoting using these lifestyle prevention strategies as a treatment regimen. Nonetheless, I am beginning to, at least for myself, after living with the symptoms of Alzheimer’s for a long time – six years since my diagnosis of “early Alzheimer’s disease,” and more than a dozen years since the first symptoms became worrisome enough that I sought a neurological workup to try to find out what was causing them.
Read the complete article.
- What’s the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Test Your Memory for Alzheimer's Disease (5 Best Self Assessment Tests)
- Are Alzheimer's Caregivers the Forgotten?
- Communicating in Alzheimer's World
- Learning How to Communicate with Someone Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What is Dementia?
- How the Loss of Memory Works in Alzheimer’s Disease, and How Understanding This Could Help You
- Alzheimer's World -- Trying to Reconnect with Someone Suffering from Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Tract Infections, Urinary Incontinence, Poop (8 Articles)
- Generic Aricept (Donepezil) Clarification
- Alzheimer's Disease, Types of Dementia, and What is the Difference Between Alzheimer's and Dementia
- What Was the First Sign of Alzheimer's Disease in Your Case?
- Alzheimer's Disease and the Five Stages of Grief
- Alzheimer's Disease Caregiving Advice and Insight (20 articles)
- Alzheimer's Disease Statistics
- Alzheimer's Disease and Driving
- Alzheimer's Caregiving Dealing with Behavior
- The Plan to End Alzheimer's Disease by 2020 (Podcast)
Original content Wantland J. Smith, the Alzheimer's Reading Room